Fresh Pasta with Squash and Pancetta
Here is a simple and delicious recipe. At this time of year, there is nothing better than a comforting pasta dish to get you through the winter.
Here is a quick and easy recipe: fresh pasta with squash and pancetta.
Originally from Italy, pancetta is a spicy, salted and dried pork belly sausage.
You are spoiled for choice when it comes to squash: butternut squash, pumpkin, spaghetti squash, butternut squash from Provence…
The preparation time is 20 minutes and the cooking time is 10 minutes.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 250 g squash, peeled and seeded
- 350 g fresh Lanza pasta
- 140 g pancetta
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- Cut the squash into cubes and cook in a pot of boiling water until tender. Puree and set aside.
- Cut pancetta into slices and dry roast in a pan, then melt onion cut into rings.
- Cook the pasta and drain, reserving a ladleful of cooking water to add to the squash purée.
- Stir the cream into the purée and season with salt and pepper. Return the pasta to the pan with the squash sauce and reheat.
- Arrange pasta on plates, sprinkle with pancetta and melting onions.
Enjoy your meal!