Arrabbiata, carbonara, alfredo, marinara, primavera…
How about revisiting one of the most emblematic sauces of Italian cuisine (but not only…) accompanying your favourite pasta? The pesto sauce.
Here is a new version, as delicious as it is quick and easy to make.
A roasted peanut pesto (by Marie Leteuré) with basil, parmesan, garlic and peanuts.
“For 6 guests at the table, the ingredients of the recipe are as follows:
- 80 g finely and freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch of basil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 50 g unsalted peanuts
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
1. Separate the basil leaves, wash and dry them. Peel the garlic cloves, open them in half and remove the germ.
2. Roast the peanuts for 2 minutes under the grill.
3. Put them in a food processor with the basil leaves, peanuts, parmesan, salt, pepper and olive oil.
4. Blend on high speed until you have a smooth paste. Set the pesto aside in the fridge.
All you have to do now is prepare your pasta and serve it with this vegetarian sauce that will undoubtedly delight your guests’ taste buds!