The importance of pasta as part of a balanced diet
- Pasta is obviously one of the 10 most consumed foods
- 7 in 10 French people eat pasta at least once a week
- The French eat twice as much pasta as rice and buy it 12 times a year.
- The French consume 8.1 kg of pasta per year, against more than 25 kg for the Italians.
- The French favor spaghetti. Almost 1 in 4 people say they prefer this form (23%), Penne (14%), fusilli (13%), tagliatelle (13%) and farfalle (10%)
- 1 in 4 people say they have a favorite brand of pasta, and are loyal to it (26%).
- 75% of French people say they have never eaten gluten-free pasta.
- 36% say they consume it more than once a week
- 49% of 18-34 year olds eat pasta more than once a week
- Almost 16 packets of pasta are sold every second, or 488 million packs per year
RealTime: study carried out from September 1 to 2, 2020 among 1,002 people representative of the national population aged 18 and over.
YouGov unveils the results of a study conducted on the subject.