Spaghetti with Tellines
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 kg of tellines
- 400 g of fresh Lanza spaghetti
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 20 cl of white wine
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
1. Place the tellines in a large colander with large holes and put it in a basin of cold salted water. Soak for 1 to 2 hours, changing the water 2 to 3 times during this time.
2. At the end of this time, fill a large pot for the spaghetti with water, add salt and olive oil, cover, and heat.
3. Remove the colander from the basin and rinse the tellines.
4. As soon as the water boils, add the spaghetti, mixing well at first with the spaghetti spoon.
In another saucepan over medium heat, pour in the olive oil, add the garlic and mix. After a few seconds (do not cook the garlic), add the tomatoes and 3/4 of the flat-leaf parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix and simmer for about 2 minutes. Then add the white wine and reduce by half for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the tellines, mix briefly, cover and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until the tellines open.
6. Pass the spaghetti through the colander and return them to the saucepan, then pour about 3/4 of the tellines juice into the spaghetti and mix.
7. Serve the portions of spaghetti on the plates and pour over a portion of tellines with sauce. Sprinkle the remaining parsley on the plates.
8. Just before serving, pour olive oil over the spaghetti.